To heal your skin, you need to first heal your gut
In the first article of this series, The Basic of Gut Health, we delved into the details on gut health and followed it up in our second article by looking at the science behind the gut-to-skin connection. In this third and final article of our Gut-to-Skin Connection series, we’ll keep it simple and look at the key ways to nourish your beauty from within and support the delicate, beautiful balance of your body’s gut flora, to reduce inflammation and promote healthy, beautiful skin.
Healing your Skin: Supporting the diversity of your beautiful gut flora with your diet
We can support the diversity of our gut flora through our diet by:
- Supplementing with a comprehensive blend of probiotics and prebiotics, such as AURA Radiance
- Consuming fermented foods, which are rich in probiotics, such as: sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha
- Staying away from dietary disruptors such as alcohol, caffeine, processed foods and sugar
- Drinking plenty of water to provide hydration and flush out toxins
- Consuming foods with healthy fats such as salmon, avocados, almonds and hemp seeds to reinforce cell membranes and nourish the skin
- Incorporating collagen containing foods or supplements, to preserve our skin’s elasticity and youthfulness
Healing your Skin: Taking care of YOU for a healthier gut flora
Our gut health, and therefore, our skin health is not only dependent on what we consume, taking care of ourselves also matters big time - stress wreaks havoc on our bodies. In our next series, we’ll look at ways to be your “Best Self”. We’ll look at the power of saying no, tips for keeping a balanced lifestyle and ways to form good habits!
We'd love to hear from you! Have you tried any of these tips above? Do you have any more to add? What do you find works for you? Share with us in the comments!